Here is a list of every NBA team and their cap situation, ranked top-to-bottom from most max cap space to least max cap space.
A few notes:
- This list is without LeBron James' contract on the Cleveland Cavaliers payroll.
- This list is before Kevin Durant made his free agency decision.
- Every statistic in this list is courtesy of Basketball Reference's official website and the NBA's official website.
- Every statistic in this list is accurate as of 7:21 am Central Daylight Time on July 4th, 2016 (happy Independence Day everyone!)
|Rank||Team||Cap Space Max
|Exceptions ($)||Cap Holds
|4||Los Angeles Lakers||27,930,774||578,652||38,281,728|
|8||Portland Trail Blazers||23,954,443||0||34,157,070|
|10||Oklahoma City Thunder||22,045,739**||12,767,206||48,796,937|
|11||Golden State Warriors||17,770,295||19,313,995||33,917,585|
|13||Cleveland Cavaliers||16,584,720 (No LeBron James)||27,344,300||42,741,293
|18||San Antonio Spurs||11,901,735||10,729,000||12,833,069|
|20||New York Knicks||9,349,831||4,470,360||17,769,679|
|22||New Orleans Pelicans||7,575,571||12,522,229||14,678,165|
|30||Los Angeles Clippers||-13,938,930||10,729,000||20,894,186|
* The contracts for Amir Johnson and Jonas Jerebko, which total $17 million, are non-guaranteed.
** The contracts for Ersan Ilyasova and Anthony Morrow, which total $11.9 million, are non-guaranteed.
*** DeMar DeRozan will likely not sign his contract until after Masai Ujiri, the general manager for the Toronto Raptors, uses up most of the cap space. Right now, DeRozan holds around a $15 million cap hold and to go along with the cap hold for the first round pick at $3,250,000, this leaves Toronto with just over $5 million in cap space.