Here is everything you need to know about the free agency plans, meetings and roster moves for the Chicago Bulls during the free agency period. Stay tuned for constant updates as reports come out.
- Reports of center Joakim Noah negotiating a deal with the New York Knicks gained massive traction. Rumored deals were 3-years, $48 million and 4-years, $72 million. No reports of Noah meeting or interested in any other teams, including the Bulls.
- Pau Gasol was gaining interest from a plethora of teams. After reportedly telling Chicago that he was not going to re-sign with them, the serious contenders for Gasol's services were Minnesota Timberwolves, San Antonio Spurs and Portland Trailblazers.
- Reports came out that the Miami Heat were interested in trading for veteran swingman Mike Dunleavy Jr. if their free agency targets fail to come to an agreement with them.
- E'Twaun Moore gaining interest from multiple teams. Heavy pursuers include the Bulls themselves and New Orleans Pelicans.
- Golden State Warriors small forward Harrison Barnes confirmed with people close to him that he was in Chicago for a meeting with the Bulls. Chicago was the first team he visited. Barnes is expected to be heavily pursued.
- The Bulls are reported for having heavy interest in Oklahoma City shooting guard Dion Waiters. Waiters is also fielding interest from the Sacramento Kings among other teams, but there is rumored to be mutual interest.
- Tyler Johnson was linked to also being targeted by the Bulls, according to reports from The Vertical.
- The Bulls had minor interest in small forward Evan Turner from the Boston Celtics, but weren't expected to set up a meeting with him.
- Chicago was showing mild interest in Portland Trail Blazers forward Maurice Harkless, according to Alex Kennedy.
- Many expect Chicago to wait out the first "wave" of free agency and proceed to see if they can sign players at a bargain.
- Former Chicago Bulls center Joakim Noah came to an agreement with the New York Knicks on a 4-year, $72-million deal.[embed]https://twitter.com/TajGibson22/status/749135693226450944[/embed]
- Pau Gasol is expected to wait until Kevin Durant comes to a decision before making a decision on where he will sign. The Toronto Raptors have emerged as pursuers for Gasol's services as well and are reportedly "heavily interested". Portland has reportedly offered Gasol a large deal.
- Former Chicago Bulls point guard E'Twaun Moore came to an agreement with the New Orleans Pelicans on a 4-year, $38 million deal.
- The Bulls held a meeting with Sacramento Kings point guard Rajon Rondo. There is mutual interest between the two parties, but Rondo is also interested in returning to Sacramento as reuniting with DeMarcus Cousins is very enticing to him.
- Harrison Barnes has been offered a max contract from the Dallas Mavericks.
- The Bulls are reportedly interested in free agent Dwyane Wade of the Miami Heat. Wade wants to be compensated for the paycuts he took to stay with Miami, but Miami is reportedly wanting to bring Wade back for less than the max. Other teams interested are Milwaukee Bucks and New York Knicks.
- According to Chris Broussard, Rajon Rondo wants to play in Chicago for the Bulls and Chicago is the front runner to sign Rondo.
- The Bulls are expected to spread out their $24+ million in cap space between two free agents.
- The Chicago Bulls are going to sign free agent point guard Rajon Rondo to a 2-year, $28 million deal.
- Former Miami Heat shooting guard Tyler Johnson and the Brooklyn Nets reach an agreement on a 4-year, $50 million deal. Miami has the ability to match the offer if they so choose. Bulls were reportedly interested in Johnson.
- Rajon Rondo and Bulls coach Fred Hoiberg watched film together for an hour during their meeting, and Hoiberg deemed Rondo a good fit to run his offense.
- Sam Amick reports that in the second-year of Rondo's deal, there is a "mutual buyout" option. Further specifics are unclear.
Kyle A. Wachowski